How to create the perfect home office: All remote workers should read this!
To tackle the spread of COVID-19, more and more teams are turning to remote or flexible work from home (WFH). For many people, WFH means fewer distractions, reduced commute discomfort, reduced overall noise, increased personal space, and, most importantly, more comfortable clothing.
Aside from PJs all day, there are a number of ways to remain efficient while working from home, beginning with how to set up your home office.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of tips and ideas to assist you in selecting the ideal location and appropriate equipment for remote work.
Without further adieu, here is the ultimate home office checklist:
- Get yourself a comfy chair- you’ll need a good one if you’re sitting over a computer all day.
- Use a second monitor- An additional screen makes multi-tasking and managing your workload much easier.
- Follow ergonomic rules – make sure your workspace supports your back and neck and prevents slouching.
- Add a little greenery- plants in the workplace are proven to increase productivity and lower stress.
- Access to high-speed internet- wifi is so essential to working from home, without it we’d be lost. Check your local providers to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Invest in an office printer– make your working life a lot easier with an office printer right by your desk.
- Position yourself in natural light- sunlight and fresh air are good for both your physical and mental health.
- Allocate space and resources for brainstorming- Your best ideas are likely to arise while you’re not at your desk. Whether you use a pinboard or simply take a short walk, give yourself space to get creative.
- Keep your home office tidy- A cluttered desk makes for a cluttered mind.
- Separate work from play- Avoid adding too many personal touches to your workspace. Some people find it best to get dressed for the office and take a short walk before work to help define their work zone from their home life.
- Stick to working in office hours- Although working from home allows you to work whenever you want, if you want to optimize productivity, you should adhere to normal office hours.
There are a few easy tricks you can use to make your home office more comfortable and efficient. You’ll be able to get more done if you pick the right furniture, add ambient lighting, and keep your office tidy.
Do you have any suggestions for improving efficiency in a home office? Please share them with us in the comments section.
leave a comment